Wednesday, October 29, 2014 / by Renee Sumpter
Buying a new home is an extremely emotional experience for many people and couples. The home buying process involves an important element of human interaction called TRUST.
Having trust in the real estate expert you hire to help you find your dream home and facilitate the transaction is the most important aspect of purchasing a new home. The REALTEAM has assembled some of the key characteristics to look for when hiring a real estate agent. Let’s explore:
Top 5 Characteristics of a Trustworthy Realtor
- Availability. Always being available to clients as far as for showings, answering phone calls, responding to emails. Clients should obviously be the number one priority to a realtor and should never be left waiting.
- Local Market Knowledge. Understanding the local market and home values. We also think that being involved in the community and giving back kind of goes hand in hand with this.
- Forward-Thinking. Being tech savvy and innovative is important when it comes to being available for clients, using technology to better promote and market listings. Technology is always changing and we think its important for realtors to change alongside it. A social media presence is important as a tool for marketing listings as well and also for communicating with them.
- Experience Matters. It is important to look for a realtor who has experience in every aspect of real estate. Getting referrals from people is better than choosing someone because they are your friend or family member. Looking at reviews online (ex: zillow) can help guide people when looking for a realtor.
- Trustworthy and Authentic. Don’t always choose the first realtor you meet with. Choose someone that you feel comfortable with and who you feel is honest and authentic. Working with a Realtor is a very involved relationship and potential clients need to find one that fits with their individual needs.
If you, or someone you know and care about, is considering the purchase of a new home in metro Detroit, Michigan we encourage you to have them contact us.