Get More Money When You Sell
Get More Money When You Sell: Home Staging Tips that Will Make Your Home More Profitable
The time has come for you to list a house you’ve called home. It is important to find and work with a trusted real estate agent who will help you through the process of listing your home. An agent not only provides expertise about the selling process, but also helps you stay objective. One of the common steps during the selling process is staging your home. Homes that are staged generally drive YOU (the home seller) with a larger return once your home is sold.
Here are 5 easy ways to start staging your home today:
1. Reduce Any Clutter: Whether it’s been a few years or 30 years of memories it’s easy to get comfortable and not put away the various items we use for daily use. Storing the small kitchen appliances behind closed cabinets, disposing of unread magazines, and other clutter can instantly make a home feel much more clean and open to future possibilities.
2. Neutral = Appealing to Home Buyers: A home that has been staged makes it easier for families to envision their own family making memories in the space. Review the various rooms in your home and conquer easy projects that are a little investment, but have the potential to make a difference. This home has totally had your style, but most likely the new homeowners will have their own preferences. For example, the red wall in your living room aligned with your tastes, but a neutral color gives potential home buyers a blank canvas.
3. Scrub & Deodorize: Fido the dog has been a great addition to your family, but pet smells and other odors should be eliminated. Review your bathrooms and check the surfaces for mildew and other cleanliness issues which could turn away a home buyer.
4. Enhance curb appeal: Just like you judge a book by it’s cover, home buyers drive by your home and judge the outdoor appearance. As you prepare the exterior make there’s a welcoming front door and the landscaping has recently been maintained. If possible renting a power wash to clean the exterior will give it the appearance of an almost freshly painted home, but much less expensive. This will help with the curb appeal for listing pictures and drive bys.
5. Fix Problem Areas: Cracks in the walls, in the flooring, or on the ceiling are an instant red flag to buyers. These type of problems are typically related to foundation issues. Most likely these issues will be discovered during a home inspection, so instead of doing a quick fix look at having the issue corrected for the long term. Taking the time to fix the problem now is especially helpful if you are wanting a quick sale.
Interested in learning more tips on how to sell your home for more money? I would love to show you how our team is going to give you the largest return on selling your home.
Register today for your free value estimate and net out (showing what you would walk away with).
Thanks! Your inquiry was sent successfully.